An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Search Queries

I was saving this for a rainy day (hypothetically speaking) and I guess you could call today one, because buggered if I can think of anything to post about. Well anyway here goes ...

When you start one of these blog things and start to add content, writing about events, thoughts and so forth, you forget that unlike the old days, when you had to actively promote (if you wanted to) your site on the search engines, these days they seek you out.

Another evolution in the web site technology is that today you can actually keep track of what searches people use to find your site. So it is with that I have keeping track of a few of the search queries, that people type into Yahoo or Google etc, which then leads them to my little blog here.

So today I will share some of the stranger and bizarre ones I have seen pop up. There has been ...

... the little bit misdirected ... "typical day in the life of a Myanmar student". - There is only about five thousand kilometres between here and Myanmar (Burma).

... the bit odd ... "Toyota coaster 30 seater buses". I know I have written about these in the past, but I am no used bus salesman.

... quite a few of the obvious ... "papua new guinea naked ladies". - You sad gits, go and buy some old National Geographics.

... the weird ... "New Guinea tribes have stick fights". - What the ... ?? They used to use spears and bow and arrows, yes, not sticks.

... and the downright strange ... "who's your papua". - I am sort of hoping this was a typo. Otherwise another, What The!

My only concern is that now I have actually posted with these words, they will got collected by the search engines and therefore more of these weird and wonderful people will visit. Enjoy!