An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Don't Mess With Patch

Poor old Patches. She was locked inside Martin's house this morning (and yesterday), by Chekit who is currently minding his house while he is down in Melbourne. Chekit is a former student of his who stays occasionally there when in town. Unfortunately when it is his responsibility he forgets about Patches.

So this morning I left my house and headed off to work with cries of poor old patch ringing in my ears. I couldn't do anything to help her because I don't have a key, if I went around it would have just made her upset anyway.

One thing I have since found out though is that she is a determined dog, who will find a way if needed. And so it was when I came back this afternoon that I found a couple of glass louvres smashed and fly wire shredded. Patches had forced her way outside. Two days in a row was not going to happen for her.


Patches the destroyer

I think I will suggest to Chekit when I see him (if I see him tonight) is that he should give me all her dog food and I will look after her from now until Martin returns in 10 days.

Ohh Martin, if you are reading this, I will see if I can get some replacement louvres for your front window.