An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

My Sage Days Are Over

As soon as I wrote Sunny Days are here to Stay?, I knew that those words would come back and bite me. Of course since then it has been mainly overcast with quite a bit of rain thrown in.

I woke up yesterday morning with it sheeting down and to make matters worse my two month old, 25 Kina, Unitech logo embellished umbrella broke - cheap Chinese crap - on the way to work through it. I managed to do a on the run quick repair job so that I didn't get saturated.

Well the student strike looks like it has petered out for the time being. They still have not gone back to class but, the gates have been opened and there is free movement of traffic from the outside world in and campus out.

Luther Wenge the outspoken Governor of our province (Morobe Province) is coming to speak to the kids tomorrow at 10am. It will be interesting to see what he has to say. If it is anything like what he says about the enhanced cooperation program (ECP) between Australia and PNG, and his outspoken views on this or in general towards Australians, it will make interesting listening.