An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Post No. 300

A day filled with nothing, I needed it, especially the two hour nap this afternoon (can a sleep for two hours be classed as a nap?). Visitors have come and gone. Parties and going out have been done. A big mess to clean up and sore head to soothe. Last night I hosted a go-finish party .. for myself.

Good times and a great final party to finish up with. It was actually the first time I have had a party with work colleagues and friends and it worked well (except my colleagues kids gobbling all the pizza brought by my mates before they had a chance to eat some .. I must admit that I like hosting parties, but catering is not my forté).

Highlights from the night include the kids rounding up masses of frangipani flowers from backyard trees, some cane toad whacking and bush knife testing. My knife, I am sending home, works a treat .. you can even hack off tree limbs (as demonstrated below by a mate, after kids playing in the guava tree broke a branch).