An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Oout and Aboout

Off to Madang tomorrow for a quick visit. So quick in fact that I am not particularly looking forward to it, which is unusual for me considering the destination. But alas spending 5 hours locked up in a vehicle to get there, just 24 hours in town and another 5 hours to get back is not high on my list of great things to do.

There may be an adventure or two thrown in - buggered up bridge, land slides, the usual - but just as likely is that it will be a boring as all buggery trip. I am going with a colleague and am hoping her taste in music is better than the other work mates I have travelled with, because the iPod will be going as well.

Apart from that, I am thanking my lucky stars that I have got a TV at the moment. How good was the Ashes last night? One of the best finishes I have seen in a long time. I was chewing the fingers, the legs were nervously tap tap tapping, the blood pressure up and all because I was watching a bloody cricket game. Anyway I'm in a sense glad we lost because it means it will make the rest of the series more interesting. Of course it also means we have to pull our finger out and play better. Come on guys!