An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Need a box?



A common sight driving along the Highlands highway is the "For Sale: Coffin" sign, usually near a pine box sample leaning against a tree.

Of course it is not only the highlands that need these products and while cruising around Port Moresby last month utilising my friends car and with my wantoks in the back, my mate, GP, was excited to see some examples of these signs and had to get a photo. This involved a timed coordinated exercise of a wound down window, pulling off the road, the quick snap and zooming off before the nearby settlement dwellers decided to investigate us.

Unfortunately there was no sample nearby to complete the picture.