An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Two Weeks Ago ...

If I wasn't walking, I would have been doing something like this:



Yes, playing with my new GPS device. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I do like gadgets, and this one was fantastic. It kept, among other things, a record of how far we had walked and approximately the altitude, which was great for climbing that false crescent mountain.

I particularly like this photo for the way Emmanuel looks. He has that intent distant look, like he is pondering world politics, though was probably in actual fact wondering, like I was, if there really was 6 satellites straight above us.

p.s. There won't be any more sorry sick talk on this blog. Much improved today, just like I predicted. Mental note: take the full course of medicine this time!