An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mild Fret

I tend to think that I am pretty laid back, easy going, cool as a cucumber, whatever, type of guy, but I must say I am a little bit, insy wincey, teeny weeny (pokka dot bikini) worried about this coming weekend.

Why, well Saturday night just happens to be the big social night hosted by me, the oft talked, and hyped, Tropfest Festival.

Of course the event will go like a charm, much merriment by the masses - which from latest estimates will be in the 30+ range. This number will make it a tight fit in my lounge room but loads of fun will be had. The slight little angst I do have is I may have made it a bit too popular with the non-locals. Where the bloody hell are they all going to stay.

Word from Madang is a total of 6 are coming. No word from Goroka, but possibly a similar number and there may be a couple from Moresby yet. I have two spare beds, Martin next door has one, A & J in town have two, and new mate Robert here at uni has one (yet to inform him that he could be hosting someone). I hope some of those coming don't mind dossing on floors with cushions from easy chairs, cause that is probably what they will have to do. I have already informed people to make sure they are bring a sleeping bag and towel cause volunteer hospitality can only stretch so far.

Ahh I now feel much better.