An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Bachelor x 2

Times are changing. Starting from tomorrow my house may not be solely inhabitated by me any more. With the count down now on for my finishing date, I have offered my house to a new volunteer who is flying in tomorrow.

The vol will be working in my department designing and packaging material for distance learning, and seeing as I now only have about 6 weeks left, I figured that he may as well just bunk up with me in my spare room and then take it over when I go.

Not sure how this arrangement will pan out, considering from all accounts he is quite older than me, so my entrenched habits may need refining. Then again, he will just have to put up with me I guess. I said before that I like sharing with other people and this still hasn't change. I suppose I just like to know them beforehand that's all.

He may not accept. He still has the option to stay at the guest house for a while at least. But then again I don't think he will mind. When he was emailing me about the position, he was wondering if he would have to live in dorm style accommodation.