An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Wet Season

It is on. The season has definately now changed. How do I know? Well walking to work has been a lot like this lately.

Walking to work in the rain

Not that I particularly mind. It keeps the place cool. And by mid morning it is usually clear anyway.

In case I haven't mentioned it. Lae gets on average 4500mm of rain a year (as a comparison Sydney gets 1200mm and Melbourne around 650mm) so at some point in time we are bound to get the odd wet day. Which is what we get for 3 or so months in the middle of the year. Luckily though for most of the rest of the time, it just pours at night. Certainly keeps the place green.