An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Kassam Pass

I'll be back up and over the Kassam Pass again this weekend. The fifteen hundred metre barrier between the lowlands of the coast and the highlands.

And it is certainly an impressive barrier, climate wise at least. One minute you are driving along the hot, humid Markham valley and the next your climbing up and up gradually getting cooler and cooler and then you pass over the lip and speed down into the air-conditioned highland valley.

The other beauty about it of course is the views. And there is one thing you don't get sick of in this country and it is the scenic views.

Click for big pic

This panorama was actually done over a year ago and unfortunately not the best quality. It gives you an idea though. Maybe I will get the chance to take a better one this time around.