An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Tropfest: The Project

Things are moving on with the Tropfest film project. Without giving too much information away about the actual details I will breifly explain the current status. I don't want to spoil it for anyone do I.

Wendy is coming to town this weekend and we are looking at shooting some footage in and around Lae, hopefully tomorrow. Some of the locations we may be going to use include the Architectural department building here on campus and the Yacht club and/or the crappy SP beach in town. I will have to discuss this with my Director.

I received last weekend, via a hand delivery from Helen, a rework of the script, which I had asked Wendy to do. I got her to include some more explanation at the beginning about the main character and his motivation behind his journey. She did a great job on this and it reads and sounds more complete now.

The script I forwarded onto Roger (our star) so that he could check it and make some of his own suggestions. I have not heard from him so I can only assume that he approves.

I also asked her if she could draw a storyboard so that we could keep track of all the scenes that we wanted to shoot. I think she did such a brilliant job at this, I will give some snipets.





I am getting a few of my contacts in Oz (well mum and a mate) also involved to help procure stuff that we can't get here. Mum is getting some costumes for me and Alex is getting me some film editing software. For obvious reasons I won't disclose which one, but let's just say that it is an intermediate level editing software between iMovie and Final Cut Pro.

Stay tuned ...