An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Monday, September 12, 2005

¡Ándale, Ándale, Arriba, Arriba!

Tacos. Fajitas. Ponchos. Sombreos. Senors. Senoritas. Cerveza. Tequila. Just another Saturday night in Lae. The things you do as an ex-pat.

The Lae Hash Harriers annual drink fest - and these guys know their drinking. It was open to all gringos from México, and plenty turned up.

I attempted - like most - to rock up as the Man with No Name. It was a good attempt which could have been made better with a hat, a cheroot and a Colt 45. All things that I no doubt could have found in this town if I knew where to look.



After feasting on the nachos. Being given shots of tequila (I have discovered that I am finally over the 10 years of loathing this stuff - the taste, let alone the smell, does not make me gag any more) and filling up on cerveza, there was a Speedy González phase thrown in. Which most probably really came out and arriba'd along at the night club latter.



And finally around three or four the siesta stage came along.

You don't get big nights often in this place. You have to make the most of them when they do. All good fun - apart from the recovery yesterday.