An Australian volunteer who was doing whatever volunteers do in PNG.
I was there for 2 years until Dec 2005 .. I hope I made the most of it.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ples Long Lainim Ol Save

How good is Wikipedia! In case informing us about everything from the Hairy ball theorem to Paris Hilton was not enough, it is now doing it in Tok Pisin too.

The language needs some help to kick it along, so if you know your tok ples from your tok pisin, I think you should get on there and create and edit some of the pages (there are only 121 so far .. compared to 700,000 English ones). Besides it is amusing reading about things like the Pope in pidgin ... "Pop i bikpela bos bilong ol Katolik".

Sapos yu no save tok pisin (and my written is pretty bad), have a go on the English version. I personally love it and use it to find all sorts of relevant and irrelevant facts and create some interesting ones as well ... how good is this page about the best town in the world (no prizes for guessing why).